In this post I will share with you what I use to prepare myself to SCEA exam, part 1. Probably most of you (interested in SCEA) know that resources, but few of them, I think, is not so popular. So here’s my list of resources:
- Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for Java EE Study Guide (2nd Edition) – as I wrote before
- Whizlabs Prepkit – as I wrote before
- 2010 Study guide for sun J2EE 5 architect exam by Mikalai Zaikin, updated in January 2010 by Adel Almoshaigah. It’s huge material, almost 300 pages of information just for part one of exam. Available to download here.
- Design patterns flashcards – to help memorize them all. BTW: Quizlet is a great tool, allows you to learn in various ways, make different tests, quizzes and even games based on provided data.
- Keith Rieck’s SCEA notes
- Jeanne Boyarsky tips – as I wrote before.
Probably my list in time will be extended by this books:
- EJB 3 in Action – I read it few years ago, I think I’ll browse it this time and just read some parts about specific problems
- Head First Design Patterns – I’ve got Polish version of it, so it will be really fast to read it 🙂
- Core J2EE Patterns: Best Practices and Design Strategies (2nd Edition) – on the other hand I think this book is going to take some time…
…fortunately what’s better to do at Christmas time than to learn some J2EE patterns :->